''PDP BELIEVES IN RESTRUCTURING
1. We have read the Statement credited to the National Publicity Secretary of the Ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), Mr. Bolaji Ojo-Abdullahi in which he said that our Party – the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) – has never been and is not interested in restructuring with amusement.
2. This sudden resurrection of the Ruling Party’s ’s interest in ‘restructuring’
3. As the Word implies, restructuring is a process of re-arrangement,
4. It is imperative to inform Nigerians that our Party is not against the Restructuring of the System of Governance in the Country in a manner that places Nigeria firmly on the path of growth, development and prosperity.
Indeed, our Party's commitment to constantly seeking solutions to the Challenges confronting the Nation caused us to amend our Party's Constitution to include the equitable devolution (decentralizati
5. It is against the Backdrop of our Party's commitment to restructuring the system of socio-political
It is imperative to point out that APC was the only political party which refused to attend the National Conference in 2014. It is also imperative to point out that APC’s refusal to participate at the Conference was predicated on a narrow and selfish interest.
Further evidence of our commitment to the Restructuring of the Country is provided in a statement to newsmen by the National Chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, CON, on June 22, 2017.
6. In light of the above, we reiterate our support for the Restructuring of the System of Governance in the Country to ensure more functional and efficient governance at all tiers of government. We urge opinion leaders and thought leaders around the Country to participate in the process in the best interest of our Country and its people.
7. Finally, we wish to reiterate our position that the APC has nothing more to offer Nigeria and Nigerians. The Party only resorts to unbridled propaganda as a ploy to deceive Nigerians and distract them from the topical issues upon which they are required to assess APC’s performance in office.
8. Nigerians should never take the APC for their word. It is a Party that was built and is still being sustained by propaganda. Making empty promises is their stock in trade. It is a do nothing Party that believes in nothing!
Long live the PDP!! Long live Nigeria!!!''
Prince Dayo Adeyeye
National Publicity Secretary